More than 100 million American adults have high cholesterol, and new info shows that one in five teens face an increased risk for heart disease risk because of their rising cholesterol levels.
Plenty of research has been done on managing your LDL (bad) and HDL (good) cholesterol levels, but it’s not always easy to know what you should eat. Basic musts are limiting your saturated fat and opting for foods loaded with fiber and heart-healthier fats, such as omega-3 fats.
From rise-and-shine breakfasts to sweet desserts, here are our top 25 low-cholesterol choices. All of these dishes have less than 5 grams of saturated fat and 60 milligrams of cholesterol per serving.
1. Egg White Omelet with Cucumbers and Smoked Salmon
2. Golden Sunshine Quinoa Salad
3. Angel Food Cake with Mangoes
4. Smoked Salmon and Dill Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches
5. Spaghetti Squash with Marinara
Latest posts by Matt (see all)
- The Countdown Workout: 4, 3, 2, 1 to FAT LOSS! - December 6, 2013
- “I Feel Fat”: 10 Ways to Eliminate this Thought from Your Life Forever - December 2, 2013
- Super INTENSE 10 Minute Finisher Workouts for Anyone Short on TIme - November 27, 2013