As we all know by now, yoga is a fantastic tool to utitlize in your journey towards health and fitness. It helps settle your mind, stretch, and tone your body. There are a wide range of yoga varities available, however one such variety is Bikram yoga. Bikram yoga is a special form of yoga that is practiced in a hot room with high levels of humidity. This helps increase sweat and maximize weight loss.
Steps to performing Bikram yoga at home:
- Find a location in your home that can retain heat and humidity. A bathroom or small bedroom would work best typically.
- If in a bathroom, turn up the shower to hot and let the room begin to steam up. If you are in another type of room, use a humidifier and small space heater. Using both for only 15 minutes should do the trick.
- Wear warm clothing. Long sleeves and pants tucked into socks. Consider wearing a ski hat to retain even more heat.
- Put on some soothing, soft music in the background.
- Log on to Share It Fitness and follow along with one of 0ur live yoga classes, or 1-on-1 with your own yoga instructor.
- Relax at the end of your session by laying on the floor and taking long, deep breaths of the hot, moist air.
Latest posts by Matt (see all)
- The Countdown Workout: 4, 3, 2, 1 to FAT LOSS! - December 6, 2013
- “I Feel Fat”: 10 Ways to Eliminate this Thought from Your Life Forever - December 2, 2013
- Super INTENSE 10 Minute Finisher Workouts for Anyone Short on TIme - November 27, 2013