A healthy and tastier spin on an old classic. This recipe will make you forget about those greasy fried chips, and orange cheese-flavored sludge forever.
- Whole wheat pita, cut into triangles. Homemade or store bought.
- 1/2 pound ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon natural honey
- 2 table spoon lemon juice
- lemon zest of 1/4 lemon
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Saute the garlic and onion. Add the ground lamb, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook until done; set aside. Meanwhile, crisp the pita triangles in the oven. Make a bed of pita triangles and place ground lamb mixture on top.
In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, feta and dill. Stir well.
Spread yogurt mixture over ground lamb. Top with chopped cucumbers and tomato. Add more feta if you desire. Enjoy.
Latest posts by Matt (see all)
- The SUPER Superset Workout: Build Lean, Tight, and Defined Muscles - June 18, 2013
- Health Food Stores Aren’t Always so Healthy - June 13, 2013
- HIIT Workout Plan – Part 3 of 3 - June 12, 2013