A healthy and tastier spin on an old classic. This recipe will make you forget about those greasy fried chips, and orange cheese-flavored sludge forever.
- Whole wheat pita, cut into triangles. Homemade or store bought.
- 1/2 pound ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon natural honey
- 2 table spoon lemon juice
- lemon zest of 1/4 lemon
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Saute the garlic and onion. Add the ground lamb, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook until done; set aside. Meanwhile, crisp the pita triangles in the oven. Make a bed of pita triangles and place ground lamb mixture on top.
In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, feta and dill. Stir well.
Spread yogurt mixture over ground lamb. Top with chopped cucumbers and tomato. Add more feta if you desire. Enjoy.
Latest posts by Matt (see all)
- The Countdown Workout: 4, 3, 2, 1 to FAT LOSS! - December 6, 2013
- “I Feel Fat”: 10 Ways to Eliminate this Thought from Your Life Forever - December 2, 2013
- Super INTENSE 10 Minute Finisher Workouts for Anyone Short on TIme - November 27, 2013