Here is a genuine attempt to make your cardio slightly more fun and engaging. Get yourself a deck of cards, keeping Jokers in the deck. Face cards are worth 10, Jokers 20, everything else should be self explanatory.
Take 3 cards at a time, and add them up. For instance King + 8 + Ace = 28. Do 2 sets of 28 reps of the first exercise listed below. Add the cards back to the deck, reshuffle, and pull three more. Do this for all 9 exercises. Give yourself a 45 second break between sets and a 1 minute break between exercises.
- 2 sets of jump squats
- 2 sets of jumping jacks
- 2 sets of burpees
- 2 sets of jump rope (total card number should be seconds you jump rope)
- 2 sets of mountain climbers
- 2 sets of side to side foot switches
- 2 sets of box jumps
- 2 sets of 20 foot sprints (begin from a runner’s starting position and sprint all out for 15 feet, stop, turn around, and repeat)
Latest posts by Matt (see all)
- The 10 Best Fitness and Nutrition Blogs You Should be Reading - May 22, 2013
- The Summer Slim Down Workout Part 2 - May 21, 2013
- Video – Afterburner Ab Workout - May 14, 2013