- Wonton wrappers
- 1/4 lb shrimp, chopped
- 1/4 lb crab meat, picked over for shells
- 1/4 lb bay scallops, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- salt and pepper
Red Pepper Cream Sauce
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup romano cheese
- salt and pepper
- Saute garlic and shallots in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat for 4 minutes, or until garlic begins to turn golden. Deglaze pan with white wine.
- When about half of the wine has evaporated add shrimp, crab and bay scallops. Continue cooking over medium high heat until seafood is almost done.
- Combine seafood mixture with ricotta cheese, fresh parsley, and fresh basil.
- Scoop a teaspoon sized amount onto a wonton wrapper. Using moistened hands, cover with another wonton wrapper and seal well against all edges.
- Bring a large pot of water to a slow boil and add ravioli in batches of 10. Cook for 4-5 minutes and drain.
For the sauce…
- Saute red bell pepper (seeds removed) in 2 tablespoon olive oil. Cook for approximately 10 minutes over medium high heat.
- In the last 2 minutes of cooking add the garlic and basil. Continue to saute.
- Add the mixture to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Return sauce to pan and bring to a light boil. Stir in half and half and romano cheese. Simmer lightly until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Serve sauce over 4-5 ravioli per plate.
Matt has been involved in the fitness industry for over 10 years and has worked with, and helped countless individuals improve their lives. After college, Matt started his fitness career working in the trenches as a personal trainer for a big corporate gym. It was here he saw how impersonal Big Fitness really was. Clients weren't people, they were just sales waiting to be made. After branching out and starting his own personal training business in San Diego, Matt soon developed the idea of Share It Fitness and started our (now highly successful) blog. A fitness junkie himself, Matt knows the importance of incorporating exercise into your life. When he isn't working at Share It Fitness, you can find Matt running, biking, taking yoga, or pumping iron around San Diego.
Latest posts by Matt (see all)
- The SUPER Superset Workout: Build Lean, Tight, and Defined Muscles - June 18, 2013
- Health Food Stores Aren’t Always so Healthy - June 13, 2013
- HIIT Workout Plan – Part 3 of 3 - June 12, 2013