Let’s face it, if you want to have a ripped, massive appearance, you are going to need some massive shoulders. Some say they are the foundation of the upper body. That classic “V” look is what every guy in the gym is going for, whether they realize it or not.
Shoulders are unfortunately a stubborn muscle to grow and need to be continually shocked into making any sort of gains. Like other muscles in the body, changing an exercise routine every 6 weeks is the best way to do this. This is done by either differing the WAY you lift or the type of exercises you do.
Follow along with the below schedule and you are guaranteed to see some serious growth in your delts by mid-summer.
- Seated Rear Delt Raise – 3 sets of 12
- One-arm Side Raise – 3 sets of 8-10
- Arnold Press – 3 sets of 8-10
- Front Plate Raise – 2 sets of 20
- Seated Arnold Press: 3 sets of 10
- Front Plate Raise: 3 sets of 10-12
- One Arm Side Raise: 3 sets of 10-12
- Bent Over Rear Delt Raise: 3 sets of 20
- Arnold Press: 15 reps
- Seated Rear Delt Raise: 15 reps
- Front Plate Raise: 15 reps
- One arm Side Raise: 2 sets of 25
*Cycle through the 4 exercises as fast as possible. Take 2 minute break between cycles. Repeat for a total of 3 cycles.
- One Arm Side Raise: 3 sets of 12
- Seated Arnold Press: 3 sets of 12
- Seated Rear Delt Raise
- Front Plate Raise
Latest posts by Matt (see all)
- The 10 Best Fitness and Nutrition Blogs You Should be Reading - May 22, 2013
- The Summer Slim Down Workout Part 2 - May 21, 2013
- Video – Afterburner Ab Workout - May 14, 2013