Spinach Has Steroid Effect
Remember the cartoon about Popeye? This guy ate spinach, and after it his biceps grew really fast and he became superhero. But was it just a made-up story or does eating spinach really contribute to muscle growth? Scientists have proven, that indeed spinach does have that steroid effect. This is why it’s recommended to include this greenery into a daily diet of bodybuilders.
Why Spinach Is Beneficial to Health
In general, spinach is extremely beneficial to one’s health. Look, why.
- Spinach is rich in vitamins.
- It combats eye disease.
- Spinach has a detoxifying effect.
- It cures gum diseases.
- Eating spinach helps cure anemia.
- Spinach is useful in the fight against cancer.
- Consuming spinach contributes to reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Why Bodybuilders Need Spinach in Diet
According to laboratory tests, eating spinach increases the manufacture of muscle protein by 20 per cent due to a steroid chemical phytoecdy contained in it. Consuming plenty of spinach on a daily basis can boost your muscle power.
Truth about Steroid Effects of Spinach
However, one would need to eat on average 2Ib (1kg) of spinach to achieve muscle growth similar to Popeye, claim scientists Rutgers University in New Jersey. According to New Scientist magazine, in order to gain equivalent amounts of the steroid one would need to eat even more than one kilogram of spinach daily. Remember, that even 50 grams of spinach a day would be very beneficial to every bodybuilder’s health and help your muscle grow faster, anyway.
Latest posts by Matt (see all)
- The 10 Best Fitness and Nutrition Blogs You Should be Reading - May 22, 2013
- The Summer Slim Down Workout Part 2 - May 21, 2013
- Video – Afterburner Ab Workout - May 14, 2013