Below is a Share It Fitness designed ab workout routine. Keep in mind, doing ab exercises alone will NOT burn belly fat and give you that 6-pack you want. Doing this ab routine in conjunction with a heavy cardio routine will provide you the results you are after.
There are many theories on working the abdominal muscles. Despite those who will say doing hundreds of crunches, everyday is best, the science behind it indicates treating your abs just as you would any other muscle on your body. Take days off in between ab days. While you may have a friend who knows a guy, who works with a guy who does 500 crunches a day, everyday and has great abs….just think how great his abs would be if he did a proper routine where you totally expended himself on training days, then rested appropriately. If you are doing these moves correctly, and slowly, 25 per exercise should be all you need.
- 25 crunches
- 25 bicycle crunches
- 25 V-ups (with or without med ball)
- 25 leg raises
- 25 decline crunches
- 50 trunk twists with med ball
- plank for 1 minute
Try this routine and see how it works. Do each exercise in order, with as little rest as possible between each. You want to keep intensity up and a constant stress on the abdominal muscles.
Latest posts by Matt (see all)
- The Countdown Workout: 4, 3, 2, 1 to FAT LOSS! - December 6, 2013
- “I Feel Fat”: 10 Ways to Eliminate this Thought from Your Life Forever - December 2, 2013
- Super INTENSE 10 Minute Finisher Workouts for Anyone Short on TIme - November 27, 2013