Meet the new fitness craze that is sweeping the nation, SUP yoga. If you are bored with your normal yoga routine, or even if you aren’t, I highly recommend giving this a try. Combining SUP and yoga brings you a whole new and challenging experience. SUP yoga originated in Florida but it has spread quickly to locations where any body of water is present, be it the ocean, river, lake, bay, etc.
Top Five Reasons to Try SUP Yoga:
1. Using the paddleboard as a yoga mat enhances your yoga routine as it requires extra balance and core strenth to stabalize the board.
2. Not only is SUP Yoga a great workout, it also extremely meditative. Being so connected with nature it is easier to relax and practice deeper meditation.
3. Great for all levels and all ages and easy to learn. As challanging as it looks after a few sessions you will be surpised with how comfortable and stable you feel essentially walking on water.
4. Get your Vitamin D, aka the Sunshine Vitamin. Sunlight is the best and only natural source of vitamin D. Unlike dietary or supplementary vitamin D, when you get your ‘D’ from sunshine your body takes what it needs, and de-metabolizes any extra. Just make sure you are also wearing sunscreen!
5. It’s an enjoyable experience! The best types of workouts are the ones you actually enjoy and look forward to.
Latest posts by Matt (see all)
- The Longest + Leanest Muscle Workout Program - July 20, 2015
- Fasted Cardio 101: Epic Fat Loss Technique or Just Another Fad? - July 15, 2015
- The Most Important Fat Loss Trick Every Woman Needs to Know - July 10, 2015