Summer is just getting into full-swing, so what better way to get yourself bikini ready, than to start a serious lower body transformation program? For all you ladies out there, getting a set of toned, tight legs, really isn’t that difficult. All it takes is some dedication and a well-designed exercise program to take you from flab to fab. The following program is designed to build lean muscle in your calves, quads, hamstrings, and glutes. By using elements of an athletic training routine, we are able to significantly blast the muscle fibers in a way that traditional strength training cannot.
Think about it…athletes have pretty nice bodies, right? It’s not coincidence. It’s the fact that these types of people use explosive plyometric training combined with strength training to failure. Studies have shown that combining plyometric training with strength training is the best and fastest way to realize muscle gains.
Follow this program for 8 weeks and you are guaranteed to notice a serious change in your lower half.
Alternate between the following two workouts in each group as often as you’d like; just remember to leave 2 full days between training sessions.
Group 1; Weeks 1-4
- Barbell Squats 3 x 10
- Box/Bench Jumps 3 x 25
- Dumbbell Deadlifts 3 x 10
- Dumbbell Lunges 3 x 15
- Calf Raises on Smith Machine 3 x 20
- Sumo Squats 3 x 10
- Exercise Ball Leg Extensions 3 x 15
- Reverse Lunges 3 x 15
- Bulgarian Squats 3 x 10
- Leg Press 3 x 10
- Calf Raises on Leg Press Machine 3 x 20
- Squat Jumps 3 x 25
- Squats 3 x 12
- Quad Extension 3 x 10
- Dumbbell Step ups onto bench 3 x 15
- Long Jumps 3 x 20
- Jump Rope 3 x 1 minute
- Barbell Deadlifts 3 x 10
- Lateral Hops 3 x 20
- Reverse Dumbbell Step ups onto Bench 3 x 15
- Prisoner Squats 3 x 25
- Single Leg Press 3 x 12
- Stationary Bike on Highest Resistance 3 x 2 minutes
- Take steroids
- Eat thousands of calories more than you are already eating (assuming you aren’t already eating massive amounts of calories)
If you liked this post, subscribe to our blog so you receive all of our expertly written health, fitness, and workout articles. Also, sign up at shareitfitness.com to be given preferred access when we launch in March 2012!
Latest posts by Matt (see all)
- “I Feel Fat”: 10 Ways to Eliminate this Thought from Your Life Forever - December 2, 2013
- Super INTENSE 10 Minute Finisher Workouts for Anyone Short on TIme - November 27, 2013
- Eat This: Cheesy Quinoa with Caramelized Veggie Medley Not This: Mac n’ Cheese - November 26, 2013